Oktagon 52 Results – Magard vs Cartwright
Oktagon MMA makes marks its first show of 2024 this Saturday night with a card headlined by two of their top Bantamweight contenders, Jonas Magard and Jack Cartwright.
The main event of the evening sees #1 ranked Bantamweight contender Jonas Magard take on #3 Jack Cartwright in a showdown that will surely decide who the next title challenger will be. Magard will be hoping to put himself back in contention for his former title after losing the belt to current champion Felipe Lima, that was back last summer and Magard has not fought since.
Cartwright on the other hand has been the more active of the two fighters. Already establishing himself as one of the best bantamweights in Europe with Cage Warriors, he held an impressive 10-0 record before making an appearance on Dana White’s Contender Series where he would pick up the first defeat of his career. After coming up short, Cartwright would take a year out of fighting before making his return at Oktagon 48 last November where he would pick up a first round victory via submission over Junior Assis. He will be looking to continue his winning run and once again prove his is the best Bantamweight on the continent.
- The Co Main event will see a Middleweight showdown between one of Europe’s brightest prospects Matej Penaz and Matthew Bonner. Like Cartwright, Penaz is undefeated in Europe with the sole blemish on his 8-1 record coming at Dana White’s Contender Series. Bonner is a Cage Warriors veteran who has gone on an impressive 4-1 tear in his last five fights with the sole loss coming against former UFC fighter Darren Stewart.
- At Flyweight top ranked Aaron Aby takes on highly rated American Christoper Daniel who will be making his debut in the Oktagon promotion.
- Heavyweight see’s #1 ranked Adam Palasz take on #2 ranked Stuart Austin.
- Rounding out the main card is a Featherweight clash between two top prospects in Corey Fry and Max Holzer.
- The prelims will see quite a few fighters from Okatgon’s Ireland vs England Challenge make an appearance on Saturday. The ever popular trash talking Denis Frimpong makes his return to the cage against Czech fighter Jan Siroky in a Lightweight bout.
- Roman Paulus takes on Nathan Haywood at Bantamweight.
- Eduard Kexel takes on Rafael Hudson at a 70kg catchweight.
- England vs Ireland contenders Jake McHugh and Armand Herczeg will come up against one another in a showdown at Featherweight.
- Okatgon will also be showing an early prelim on their youtube channel to open up the card which will see Daniel Bainbridge take on Hamza Dagdeviren at a catchweight of 62kg.
Jonas Mågård def. Jack Cartwright via Unanimous Decision (30-27) x3 — Bantamweight Number One Contender Bout
Matěj Peňáz def. Matthew Bonner via TKO (bodyshots) R2 4:43
Aaron Aby def. Christopher Daniel via Unanimous Decision (29-28) x3
Stuart Austin def. Adam Palasz via Submission (Arm Triangle Choke) R2 3:52
Eduard Kexel def. Rafael Hudson via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) R1 4:29
Max Holzer def. Corey Fry via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) R2 2:12
Denis Frimpong def. Jan Široký via Unanimous Decision (30-27) x3
Roman Paulus def. Nathan Haywood via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) R3 4:05
Jake McHugh def. Armand Herczeg via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) R1 4:30
Daniel Bainbridge def. Hamza Dagdeviren via Split Decision (30-27) (29-28) x2